BITTERsweet.....Memories of the Day

Jan. 3, 1981. 34 years past...Lamar & Margie got married!
Lamar had already been scheduled for a DOT job, 1 wk. in Statesboro. We were able to get married on Sat., he left on Sun. for Statesboro. NO honeymoon, no husband for a wk. I was left w/explicit instructions -- be completely packed & ready to move to Cartersville, by the time he returned. Ok....and I was.
It was a very intimate ceremony, just friends and Lamar's family. His brother "stood up" for him, and David's girlfriend @ the time, was my stand-in. Lamar's sweet Mama cried....I think later, she did it out of joy!
The date chosen was to HONOR my sweet Mama. Jan.3rd is also her birthday. This year, Mama would mark #85! However, she passed into her heavenly home in 2003. My life has never been quite the same. I  MISS her so very much. It's a loss that can't be explained, except, sadly through your own experience.
So. EVERY day I am THANKFUL for this loving man, my husband of 34 years. Lamar is my "rock" and has always been my "soft place to fall". GOD did the bestest job!
GOD placed him into our lives exactly when it was time.
I'm a bit curious as to why--it took 7yrs. to reveal him to me--but I'll ask the source one day!
There aren't enough words of gratitude for Lamar in this family's lives. Lamar became a father to 2 rowdy (yep!) boys and treated them as his own. And. Later, became a role model for Donnie....when Lamar also took him into our family, loved him as a son, too.
So. I get to CELEBRATE my sweet Mama's birthday--in memoriam--and enjoy being Mrs. Lamar Anderson, all on the same date. I am so BLESSED.
Note: Lamar & I are living PROOF....you can't believe everything you've heard or been told. "They" say---there's nothing of value to be found in a bar/dance hall scene. Well. We  MET @ a VFW in Hawksinsville.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......