Drama of Sickness.....Reach for Health

This time of year, above should be a familiar site enjoyed.
Sickness takes you completely ~out~ of any ordinary "life". (I was gone almost 2 full weeks..ugh.)
The blurr of human existance moves from you during that time when "sick" is all there is! Sick began on a Fri. and lasted thru the following Tues. It was ultimatum time...frm Lamar! Get out of the bed, it's doc time. Ugh.
It was then me vs weakness, so I had to let go and give in!
The "sick" part was inability to eat, upset tummy frm the demons!, a couple of upchucks and weakness. I was hydrating on some sm. level. Just not getting any better....
At the doc's office, they sent me directly to the hospital.
Thus the nightmare began....it lasted frm that Wed. thru the following Mon.
Talking about them "hard" roads we travel alone....that was def one of them!!
I was much too sick to even know my surroundings very much! A hospital....me, no....oops! yep. Thank God above I'm not a sickly person, I don't think I could do this as a hobby!! LOL
Blood draws ,iv's, and more of the same every day those days.! Believe me.....it sucks big time.
I must have taken 5-6 bags of Potassium, 3-4 bags of Magnesium and est. 5 bags of very HIGH-powered Antiobiotics (dem w/the alum. foil tips!!). All the time w/0xygen....Them folks were coming @ me all hrs. of the day AND night w/this stuff. + all those blood draws.....and ya'll know how I hate needles. !!
This was the hardest "test" God has sent me thru in my entire 65yrs. :(   With good Drs., nurses, friends and family ---- I survived. What a trip.!!
Comfort range -  **0** - in a hospital!! The bed, chairs and 4 walls were very depressing to me. I began to go "outside" just to maintain sanity.!!
Diagnosis -- Pneumonia, caused by staph sepsis blood infection & in the lungs.  UGH.
I've been home since Mon. Life slowly getting better--#1 just being @ HOME!! I walk "baby" steps yet, and "poop" out 'bout 9pm, but feeling some strength come back slowly.
Will go to reg. Dr. in 2wks. for recheck, then recheck on Chest x-ray 2wks. after. Hoping by then to feel much better and be WELL again.
Pretty frustrated right now ---tooooo shaky for pic taking and no stamina to "wait" for those good shots. Guess I'll get more steady soon. I  MISS  my hobby, and moving about frm the house.
Thanks everyone for all the Love, Prayers and beautiful cards n calls. Each and every one of them, and YOU, are very much appreciated.
I must note --- NO woman could ask for any better "helpmate" than Lamar. He really has taken very loving care of me. GOD sure knows how to pick 'em.  :)

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better!! I agree, a hospital is not for me!! I was the same way, not even caring for a couple of days but then those walls started closing in on me and I was miserable. So happy you are home and can get out and about again! Take care of yourself. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......