30 and Holding.....

Jan. 3rd, 1981....that was the day. Lamar & I were married @ Oglethorpe Bapt. Church in Oglethorpe, Ga.

Now today that is a total of 30yrs. ago!! Life is good. Memory of that day includes that it was bitterly COLD & damp; my knees really did "shake"; his dear Mama "teared up". (that was her 38yr. old bachelor son, never married before!). We weren't able to have a reception so all went back to my tiny apt. for coffee...My sons were very excited - they loved Lamar, too. I had no idea where my life was going, only that I was CONFIDENT in my choice.
The story continues....Lamar had to leave the very next morning for out of town work for 2 wks. No honeymoon for us! He told me to be completely packed & ready to move to Cartersville upon his return. His sweet Dad came over, loaded my pitiful collection of possessions on a trailer and the 4 of us "hauled butt" to Cartersville to begin our lives as a new family.
In these 30yrs. together, there have been a myriad of challenges to overcome. Growing boys, the addition of my brother to our home, both of us working and tons of "life" to handle. We have learned lots of hard lessons along the way....Yet, in spite of, or because of life's challenges---we are still here, still loving each other and growing older together each year.
We are extremely blessed with 4 beautiful GRANDkids now and are enjoying this new phase of our lives together. Too often we finish each other's sentence or find it funny to be thinking similar thoughts about subects we discuss!! We do, ofcourse, still have differences...to say the least!! We do our best to support each other with love & respect every day. If there is such a thing as "soul mate", then I found him. Lamar also spoils me rotten &has done so since we were married!! He gives me the freedom to be me, which is a handful sometimes....ha ha
Lamar told me once before we were married that he loved my boys more than me---I was thrilled!! I was a single mom struggling and the boys needed a good man/role model in their lives---they got all that and soooo much more in Lamar.
I'm a very happy woman to have a one-in-a-million, loving, honest man for my husband. I thank God every day for bringing him into our lives and making us a family.
So, today--our 30th wedding anniversary is a very good day indeed.
This story continues on...............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......