Remembering Mama....

Jan. 3rd is my sweet Mama's birthday. She passed away in '03 @ age 74. Had she lived, today would mark #82.
Mama was my BEST friend, she gave me & my boys a safe haven oftentimes when I couldn't afford to be out on my own. Mama spent much time helping me raise my sons & they loved her, too. She was my total support after the divorce from the boys' dad. Mama was a very sweet, loving, spiritual woman. She was active in her church & always cooking/baking for church events. Mama always cooked & carried food to families who had a death in their family.
Mama lived the last 26 yrs. of her life in her own personal "world". After a brain aneurysm & 2 blood clots removed from her brain, she was left "not quite" the same....The fact is, she was still Mama, so full of humor and so much fun to be around!! She would hug & kiss you to the max and LOVED all children---those things never changed.
I remember visiting her in the nursing home, sitting on a bench in the courtyard.I would lay my head on her legs & she would "pat" me & rub my shoulders---much like I was still her little girl! It felt so calming and made me so peaceful when that happened.
Sitting on the bench together, extreme time of fun & laughter, all the love she gave freely are some of my treasured memories of Mama.
So, Happy Birthday my sweet Mama. I know you're looking at us from your well deserved heavenly home.............

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......