Bittersweet Memories

2003, need a dress for a funeral...UGH! Worst of all, the funeral was for my dear, sweet Mama. Details of the "call" and what proceeded after are still very clear.
I was lucky to find this pretty dress. The "over"-jacket really made the dress more appealing to me. At the time, it fit very well.
The 2nd pix shows the dress as "wispy" and light.
This yr., 2011, I wanted to use it again. Much to my dismay---it no longer fit well!! I was truly disappointed because I LUV this dress.....
I've begun the last few yrs. trying to "pare" down belongings--especially those I don't/can't use. My bittersweet decision is to allow my "special" dress go to a new home. It is still in excellent condition because I kept it in a dress bag.
I've had a difficult time "letting go" of this dress. Emotionally I want to keep it, but in reality, I know that is not an option. So, I took the pix so I can keep the memory and let go of the dress....
It is my hope that whomever gets the dress will enjoy it as I certainly did while it was in my possession....
So, I'm moving on, toward whatever new, pretty dress comes to me!!!
                         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......