RE-EDUCATED .....Drop Assumptions!!

The man pictured above is IN control.....always.
So, if he is, then duh.....we are NOT!
Recent gallbladder surgery, has once again, brought a reality check into place.
We make assumptions, take "for granted", basic everyday abilities. Maybe 'reminders' are HIS way of letting us know just how vulnerable we totally remain in our own lil "bubble" of life.
After any surgery, there is a definite "disabled" time we go through. Unable to do everyday, normal procedures. Ugh, we forget that!
My shortcomings have been: 1. figuring a way to simply get into and out of bed! Seems simple, right. Not. The pain that this simple act  causes is frustrating, to say the least!
2. Getting on/off clothes. Stretching to do so, it hurts! So, I opted to be in a gown & housecoat. Easier, even if not stylish. LOL   Esp. putting on socks....ouch!
3.  Normal bathroom care....ugh, even that is a puzzlement! (no details, you know what I mean!!)
4.  Service by others. Now that's the one I detest. I'm NOT a 'dependent' woman. Never have been, hopefully never will become that! Lamar has taken on the role of caretaker for me, too. Cooking, cleaning, running errands, walking Ariel----the whole 9 yards! He is an EXcellent caregiver. He has really stepped up and done whatever necessary to keep this household running.
I do NOT like being "unable" to do my normal activities! I'm ready to get up and take off......my body just won't let me quite yet!
My point -- we all tend to take "for granted" the daily tasks and activities we accomplish. When something hits us to put these out of reach----it's a real eye-opener.
I do believe -- whatever comes to us, God grants us the strength to get through it. Thankfully.
 I just simply will more actively "count my blessings". I do that every day. BASICS are blessings, don't forget to count those!




Comments

  1. Girl, you better stop trying to be so fast! It ain't been but four days!! I remember feeling like a turtle who'd rolled over onto his shell. :D It ain't fun. Hang in there and get lots of rest. I bet by this time next week, you'll be runnin' the show again! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......