DADDY's Day ....{or, Father, for some}

Father's Day ~ June 21st

My sweet Daddy, passed away in 1971. He's always, right there, in my mind - when little things remind me of him. I tell him I Love and Miss him every night. {somehow, I feel connected doing that}.
Daddy left us so suddenly ~ no warning. Thankfully, I told him I loved him, the night before, got a big ol' Hug, left, and intended to see him again the next day. It didn't happen for us.
There are so many memories. A couple I mention are these...
My Daddy was  THE  best fisherman. He loved fishing. Whenever he and my uncles fished ~ he usually was the only one to "make the catches"!
Daddy and me fished together, so many times. Remember he "made" me a bamboo pole, at a creek once. Lordy! I hung a big ol' gar! Ofcourse, Daddy helped me get him "in". I was so excited....
{1st time around!}
Daddy flat did NOT approve this one.! So. I went ahead w/plans. The day I was to pick up marriage license, I was ready to go. Daddy said, he'd go with me. Shocked, but he did go.!! Then, he finally agreed to "give me away". It must have been tough for him. During the wedding, I noticed him in the corner, w/tears in his eyes! {Still don't know, if they were tears of joy, or he was just sad right then.}
That beautiful, smiling face of my Daddy ~ surely looks Happy to me, up there!
I  MISS  him  every day.
I really was a Daddy's girl...he liked my "outside" interests. {once, Daddy let me "help" him, build a Pump house. I was such a happy girl!}
HAPPY Daddy's day to you, in Heaven  ~ Walter Franklin Smith.
 ALL my Love is with you, and you remain, in my heart. I will see you again....
Note: A local Cartersville artist/singer, Lee West, wrote a beautiful song ~for a friend who passed away. One particular passage has "stuck" in my brain.
 ...but there's nothing we can do
 If the Angels in Heaven start missing you...

It happens to ALL of us. GOD Bless all Daddies/Fathers on this Special day, honoring them.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Money Pit"

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

the "REST OF THE STORY"......