Lesson in Attitude Adjustment

Wed. 12/1/10  Don't fall off your chairs...went shoppin today! NOT my usual "thing", however, wanted 3 specific items. All 3 to do w/deco for my new bath. 1)spray to change color on artificial flowers 2)paint to change color on glass vase & 3)shelf/drawer liner for new storage vanity. Now, in the past when I was deep into "crafty" things, these were very COMMON short cuts to accomplish money-saving & redesign things already on hand.
Today---NONE could be found, all stores I checked had decided not to carry these items...Well WTH does that do for me---leaves me "hanging" w/o a way to accomplish my money-savin good deeds!!!!!!!
Went to Hobby Lobby,Big Lots,Belk's,Kohl's & had already ck'd at WalMart,KMart,Target on line. Bummer--so frustrated,aggravated & "ticked off" I was about to burst!!!

Then I looked beside me and there was my sweet, fun, happy, LUCKY friend having the best time---she was findin things she wanted for her Christmas gifts. WOW, I realized to just LET GO of my foul mood and tap into her happiness....I'm glad that I figured that one out!!! All of a sudden I began to actually ENJOY my day & my sweet friend...what should have happened hrs. before my light bulb went off!!!

We left about 11am, had a great lunch together w/her son, shopped until about 4pm....Then I had a brain blast---let's go to Starbucks!!! The day had been extremely icy wind blowin & flat out COLD....That my friends was my very FIRST visit to Starbucks....and I LIKED the experience. We sat in very comfortable chairs & talked for quite a while---restin them TIRED legs & just enjoying our friendship.

Sooooooooo, Thank YOU, Vickie for my Life Lesson for today. Sometimes it's best to ENJOY the friend and the freedom to be with pleasant people who find it's THEIR day to score!!!!!!!!!! Happy shoppin yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......