ANGER Management !

I need this angel that Barbara created on Polyvore today!
I'm trying to control my anger....the family advises to let it go. Well, that's tuff!
After almost 3 wks., I still had NOT gotten results from my last lab work on 4/25....and most upsetting....NO word from a mammogram done on 4/23. NO excuses would be enough to quell my anger.
I walked my Grandma self right into that Dr.'s office and demanded my results. (backstory -  this is the 2nd time I've had to do this!)
My  Dr.'s nurse came forth quickly after my file was pulled. She  stated she had talked to me & had made a follow-up appt. mammogram for the 15th. WTH! I informed her NOT....had not spoken to her, nor received any voice mail messages.
Now, she knows there's trouble. She stated she called my OLD cell number....DUH! my NEW cell number is IN the computer----but  had NOT been transferred to the front of my file chart.
My upset  with this "human error" is that, had I not gone there for my info---I would have MISSED a follow-up mammo appt. (one I did not know about, or that I needed it!)
I'm trying very hard to let this go.....PRAY for me to be able to do that.
What if scenario scares me to death!! Had I missed the appt. & not checked on my OWN health.....bad things would have progressed....unchecked.
I'm very diligent about my mammos....w/family history that is essential.
Point 2 - I also had an X-Ray, and did not know that results either. Thank goodness, no pneumonia.
My triglycerides and other important tests also were fine and normal.
I still am questioning whether to call the office mgr. and explain these "human errors". I know it happens. In this case....it could've been devastating for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry -- I just needed to "vent" this out.  If you have input you'd like to share....please do so.

                                       

Comments

  1. WHO actually HAS the follow-up mammogram on the 15th?? How can they say they talked to YOU when it was obviously NOT YOU?? That's crazy. When you call somebody, say, Mrs. Anderson, you say "Mrs. Anderson?" to insure that you have the right person! That's what I would be asking. WHO THE HECK did you talk to thinking she was ME??? It's not just that office, they ALL do stuff like this. You have to stay on them to do right. It's so frustrating!!! I'd probably let it go this time but not if something like this happens again. Glad your other tests were okay!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......