Memories... EVONNE'S Birthday today ....

We all surely do MISS sweet Evonne.
Wanted to take this time to honor Evonne's crafty side!
Von was quite talented in a myriad of arenas. These stories focus on her creative talents.
Evonne made this sunflower plate for me. Isn't it beautiful! I think maybe a birthday gift. It still hangs in my kitchen.
This was during our crafty decoupage period. I fell in love w/it and the ball rolled from there!
I found that Sunflowers were now a favorite of mine. Bright, cheerful, happy flowers. So. I decided to redo my kitchen. I chose Von's plate as my focal point idea.
I bought Sunflower wallpaper, we cut out the flowers(quite a project!) and these were applied to my cabinets. It was a lot of tedious cutting.....but we got 'er done. I still LOVE my Sunflower-themed kitchen to this day.
I bought this old trunk at a yard sale.
(Evonne was living w/us when we tackled both these projects.)
I had a Daily Calendar by Thomas Kinkade. I decided to take this outdated one and use the pics--decoupage again--
to cover my trunk lid. People, whew!!! It took us hours upon time to cut these things out!! We would sit and talk, laugh, and cut!! We both fussed about sore fingers, but we got 'er done!
I applied the cut-outs to the trunk and "white-washed" it.
I think our project turned out nicely.
The doing was actually the FUN part--sharing time with someone ya LOVE.
Today would have been Von's birthday. Happy Birthday to you, Von, in your beautiful heavenly home. MISS you so much, and wish I could give you a HUG today.
Thanks for your loving participation in my house projects.
I value that time in memories, and you are forever in my heart.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......