MEMORIES.....of Evonne

Isn't she beautiful? Such an ol' soul w/a very sweet spirit about her.
This is a difficult blog to write....LIFEtime/Sista friend, and "Auntie" Evonne. It is one I must write for me.
Tears already falling....it's still very raw.
We spent so much quality time together thru our years. Friends, school chums, and then....she married my Uncle Herman. Wow! Now she was "legally" a member of our family. How wonderful!
Our lives were so intertwined....and will always be that way. There  simply is no way to express all we shared in this blog!
Evonne SHARED so very much w/me. At the top....her dear Mother....Miss Louise. Miss Louise was a friend, mentor and 2nd mother. She treated me as her own daughter. I MISS her so very much, and now, I MISS Evonne, too.
As Donnie said....it SUCKS!!
Evonne also SHARED her beautiful daughter--Bonnie, and her 2 grandkids. I am unable to clearly express the love and fun those 2 kids have brought to my life. All 3 of them will forever have special places deep in my heart and soul. They are a vital, sweet part of Evonne that I now value even more. Evonne loved them unconditionally and completely....they were her life on this earth.
God did Bless me near the end. When the call came...I drove over to visit her in the hospital. It, ofcourse, was gut-wrenching to see her in that situation. The good of it -- I was able to talk to her, I  KNOW she recognized my voice when she did open her eyes a few, brief moments. Sometimes, a tear would fall from her eyes. In a twisted way, it gave some comfort...to feel she knew I was there.
The 2 of us experienced so much together....sad, happy, FUN times I truly treasure. Those memories are sweet and will forever be close, in my heart.
Evonne left us way too soon.
I AM a believer. Evonne is FREE from pain and is now joyous w/her parents she loved so much, and others who had gone before her.
Save me a seat "Auntie" Evonne.....

**I failed to focus on 1 important truth -- Evonne was
a LOVED member of OUR family.. Lamar, our Sons, Stacey, Donnie and his family. ALL of us will MISS her.**








Comments

  1. Awwww, what a sweet tribute to Evonne. I remember her being around as your friend and then later on as my customer at TranSouth in Americus. You are absolutely right about her unconditional love. I saw that firsthand. I'm so glad y'all had those last precious moments together. And now she's enjoying her reward in heaven and she picked YOUR birthday to go. How wonderful for you both! Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lovely thing for you to post, and I love it. It's hard to read things like this sometimes and I know it's hard for you to write them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

the "REST OF THE STORY"......

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!