"BOWLED" Over !!

This most beautiful bowl came into my life on Friday!
Most of you have seen it by now....sorry, but I'm just so lovin this HANDmade piece, I can't stop gushing over it!
I assure that it will have a "place of honor" in my home.
Last year, Vickie and I attended the ROSELAWN Festival and Crafts show, here in Cartersville.
While there, I spotted some handmade bowls. This man used a wood (similar to the texture&thin like balsa wood--used in crafts) to craft a beautiful bowl & other items he displayed.
Well. I left and returned 2-3 times, trying to convince myself I realllllly wanted this beautiful piece! The price held me in check.....it was $62.oo. Growing up in "tuff" times, I finally decided---NO. Not that much $$ for something that I wanted which would "sit and look pretty".
Then, in walks Marc w/this one. Yep, I 'bout fell on the floor when he handed it to me!! It almost took my breath!
Marc has done craft shows over the years, and he is a very talented wood crafter, indeed. His blanket stands are off the charts, too.
As a person w/little craft talent, I am always blown away by people's ability to create beautiful HANDmade items....and all types of artsy thangs!
That includes --painting, embroidery, photography (like Ami and Brian) craft beauties (again Ami)...things you can see and touch----as well as, the beauty of God-given voices to sing or play instruments and produce music, for others to enjoy.
Marc and I discussed this piece. He said prices run $70.oo and up.....and he can't sell them even for $30.oo. !! And, y'all KNOW there's work&talent involved to handcraft a piece like this.
I am so very Blessed.....to be a sis-in-law of someone so very talented and generous.
This is Marc...oh heck, y'all know Lamar!!
Lamar says that he'll be 75 this yr.!! TALENT has no age limit.
THANK you, Marc, for this most wondermous creation.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......