MISSING Stuff....

My 4 day visit w/Maxine was amazing. It pretty much was non-stop going, doing, having FUN, and enjoying time together.
I think I 'bout wore her out......and in the process, myself as well. LOL
We spent our time in stores not visited in quite some time, and eating @ restaurants that were "new" to our usual fare. It was GREAT.
Took time to sit by the lake.....watch the choppy water lapping against rocks, seeing the boats, ducks/geese and listening to the peaceful sounds you hear in that setting. It was very relaxing and peaceful.
I realized after arriving home--- Routine is good, the "familiar" comfort of FAMILY is welcomed and there are "things" which can't be replaced w/travel and "change of location".
#1 is our PORCH. I missed that the most (after family!). We spend an extreme amount of time there. It is, after all, OUTside....leaving the confines of 4 walls inside. 180 degree view of trees and woods, sounds of birds,(even "July flies"), my "garden" and just general "traffic" up/down our itty bitty road!
#2 is my ROCKING chair!! I rock away my "blues", tensions, and sometimes---anger in that sweet retreat. LOL
#3 is ARIEL. I did take her on one trip to Max's waaaay back....it was the pits! Ariel requires so much attention @ times...She 'bout licked me to death and wagged her tail slap off when I got here!! The guys said that she had been "watchin" and looking for me while I was gone.
#4 my BED! While a soft, good couch works short term.....can't wait to hit my FIRM mattress tonight.  LOL
Guess the point is......going, doing, fellowship w/people we LOVE is comforting. Truthfully, tho, there is absolutely NO PLACE LIKE HOME for this ol gal...


Comments

  1. Glad you and Max had fun!! I bet just the smell of your house when you walked in made you go "ahhhhhh". :) Sleep tight in your firm bed! LOL Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

the "REST OF THE STORY"......

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!