Ya Gotta be KIDDIN me......!!!

 Miss Vickie & I ate lunch today in Rome. It was quite a learning experience for me. I must live a "sheltered" life.!!
 I've never been in one "like" this....I'm used to ours! Walk in, order, sit n eat. This was different.!!
Noticed there were 2 separate sections.....one I'm familiar with, and a "restaurant" lookin area.
We ordered, sat down (in "restaurant" area! HA.) and ate. Food was good as always. LUV it.
Noticed ppl in front of me were fiddlin w/a Menu...?? Then, over walks a waiter and proceeds to take their "order". WTH?
So. I asked hostess @ "restaurant" entrance wth was this set up!! Well. Inquiring minds wanna know! haha
She explained....you can order frm a menu (which has a short few items, not on marquee) and be served @ a table. Ok. The hostess also told us they have a Breakfast bar on Tues.&Sat. hmmmmmmm....
Out the door. I 'bout busted my britches, dying laughing.!!!
Well....how dang LAZY can someone be....come in, sit down," waiter- order" SAME food as I'm getting all by myself. LOL 2nd point, and TIP a waiter to boot.!!
It just seemed  F U N N Y  to me.!!  What more can I say bout this "experience".  hehehe
Note:
Ofcourse.....the man behind us w/3 small kids was smart to handle his meal that way. I get that. The ppl in front of us --a woman & 3 teens. duh.
How times change. Dwarf House opened in 1946, Hapeville, Ga. and 1967 in Atlanta.
Now......ours in C'ville is" plain Jane"  Chick-fil-A.
I guess Dwarf House has addressed the fast food industry by walk-in, order, seat yoself to meet today's lifestyles.
As I live each day, @ my present age, I continue to LEARN new things. This just struck my FUNNY bone....



Comments

  1. I ate there years ago when I worked in Rome!! Quite an experience. I want my chicken sammich and waffle fries brought to my table! LOL Larry remembers Chick-fil-A being like that, The Dwarf House, in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......