Year-end Memories

This has been a very interesting, fun, stressful and happy year.
The picture to my left is one of the MAIN reasons for happiness this year...Our Mich. GRANDkids came to visit. It had been tooooo long since we were able to HUG them and enjoy being in their space; physically to talk, gaze and wonder at their rapid growth into young adults.


2011 became the year for remodeling, too...Lamar & I both got to experience a "new" bedroom! It is wonderful and we both love our new, updated, freshly painted, re-floored spaces. Eric did such an extremely good job on both rooms. We are sooo proud of these changes (after 30yrs!!) and the attention to details Eric does so well. Thank You again, Eric. We do appreciate your work, sweat, and dedication to get these rooms completed.


My most exciting happiness came back in June...I went to a BonJovi concert. WOW! It was my first rock concert and boy was it different!--in the best kind of way! I, however, found the "sardine" seating arrangements to be a LOT foreboding...lol  I really wasn't too comfortable being sooooooo HIGH up, with such a tiny space to park the booty...haha   The  location was good for visual, but down right scarey to me!!!!!! We ate at Hard Rock Cafe and I enjoyed that very much, too. My chauffeur was a hoot...relaxed and just enjoyed the ride....


Along with happiness always comes sadness, too. My ex-husband, the bio father of my 2 sons, passed away in May. We were together as a couple for about 7 yrs. ( I was so young & stupid back then!!) Before he left this earth, we had re-connected as friends. It was sad, but he had been sick for quite some time...know he is at rest and not suffering anymore.


The big number for this year was 63....that's my age(in years only!) now. I don't remember how this slapped me so quickly! This was my first year for Soc.Sec., too. I've found this little monetary independence to be quite fun...lol  I, as all of my generation, have been taught to always be frugal and never wasteful....I always was satisfied that there was nothing I needed that I didn't already have---especially any material "things". Well, duh!! My weaknesses have been boosted up by this little back-up stache!!! I now ENJOY ....Bath&Body Works, eating out w/girlfriends, a new HP computer, MP3, docking station (for my nite music), pretty bed dressings, blah blah blah. The unusual feeling is that I don't feel bad about anything I've done...uh oh! Oh, and I maybe should??? I don't want to be materialistic,  but I honestly don't feel that---just HAPPY to enjoy a few "extras" I never would spend on prior to this.


This turned into a really big learning year for us all, too. After our 10yr. old Grandson was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes--all our hearts sank. We are learning how to manage this....luckily, he has been the BEST at it....much more so than we "adults"! He is doing very well and is very independently showing us all he can take good care of himself....we just act as his back-up! He is truly one AMAZING, smart boy. 


This turned into a "book", I guess....didn't mean for that to happen! 


Looking forward to the new year and all that awaits, just around the corner. I know we are blessed and I do so appreciate my family, friends and ALL the children in our lives....anything beyond that just "ices my cake"...lol




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Money Pit"

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

Me, NEEDLES, YES!