YEAH for Custard !

March 31st was Lamar's 70th birthday.
I asked him what present he wanted...he said, the birthday breakfast with our family, was enough.
NOT....so, for 3 days I searched out a pr. of summer shorts for him. NOT easy to find. Friday, I got lucky and found 1 pr. Nice Wrangler, longer leg-type shorts.
I was happy. When he tried them on, they FIT! Boy, was I excited.
I had gone to Publix to pick up my meds. Decided to look for a birthday cake. He's not much of a chocolate nut as me....so, selection is limited. On a whim, I walked over to the pie section. There IT was! One of his very favorites---Egg Custard. Ofcourse, I didn't hesitate and got one.
Lamar was mystified! Where did you get that, he asked. Well, I told him. He LOVES it. This pic was taken about 8pm Sat. night.....he was munchin down on that Egg Custard!!!!!!
It really IS amazing sometimes.....such "small" offerings bring such BIG smiles & joy to a person.
It will always be my goal to make him SMILE and really enjoy himself. He has brought soooo much to me, our sons and our family----just by being Lamar.
I truly thank GOD every day for bringing him into our lives. We are all truly blessed...
And now....he can eat Egg Custard & remember this 70th birthday in a "sweet" way.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......