GRANDMA goes to class!

Field trip today w/Grandson @ Tellus, mineral museum. 2-fold intentions of spendin time w/him and gettin to see myself as I've not been yet.
Turned into "class"time mostly on plates/faults of our earth..which is sorta interesting, but mostly boring....lol  The planetarium was not on today's list, so will have to go again myself for that.
This fascinated me! 297gram (454 gr =l lb) meteorite hit a house in Cartersville 3/8/09! 25 found in state, but this is 1st documented case of meteorite hitting house in Ga! House was vacant @ time & homeowner just recently loaned it to Tellus.Displayhas part of roof&ceiling&rafter which were hit. !!
So, even though I was bored w/earth plates class--found this a highlight for my day. Never too old to learn something new!

I truly enjoyed my 1-on-1 time w/my smart, handsome, sweet Grandson...Course, you know @ the gift shop GrandMa had to buy rocks!! hahaha   

a moment in time....a sweet memory to savor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......