FISHIN Daddy........


This is MY Daddy. Many positive, loving things could be written.....and they would ALL be true.
I prefer to focus on FISHING.
My Daddy was the best I've ever known. He fished a lot, enjoyed it, and ALWAYS snookered whomever was game to go with him!!
I'm unable to determine if it was experience, technique or just that  he "held his mouth right" !! 
This particular catch was during a Fla. trip to his BIL, my Uncle Foster. He really racked 'em up that day. So happy that I have this picture.
It's VIP that you also know.....Daddy would NEVAH go fishing on Sunday! Daddy would attend revivals, but he was not an every Sun. church attender. Daddy never did try to discourage Mama & me from church, though.
My fondest memory of fishing w/Daddy.....He took me to a close by creek. Daddy "made" me a bamboo fishing pole when we got there. Yep. I hooked up w/a pretty large fish!! Ofcourse, Daddy had to get it onto shore for me. I was soooo excited. Think he was pleased his daughter, fishing buddy, had caught a nice fish. It is one of a myriad of memories I keep close at heart.
I loved fishing w/Daddy. Later in life.....I also have been fishing w/Lamar and the boys. It's a fun "sport" and gets ya outdoors w/nature.
Sadly, Daddy passed away in 1971. He was still young @ 52!  It was such a shock. I was given the opportunity to get a hug & kiss the night prior to him leaving. I treasure that memory.
One must move on from the loss of a parent, eventually we do succeed. However....there are still "moments" which bring "rain to my eyes". 
I  MISS my Daddy.

Hoping he's having fun fishing in his new "home".
Happy DADDY'S (father's) Day. 
Gone but NEVER forgotten......
Walter Franklin Smith


Comments

  1. Wow!! Look at all them fish!! I know you miss him. Just imagine the fish he's catching in heaven with your mama right beside him. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......