QUEEN for a Day

This was MY day! I spent it w/two sweet GRANDkids. Attended the book fair, lunch w/both, and granddaughter's dance program.
I was greeted by both---hollerin, throwing up arms, and running toward me when I arrived. It was soooo sweet. They truly can melt the heart!
Seeing and knowing their excitement & happiness just to "see" me was unexplainable thru words! My heart was truly filled w/joy at those moments.
Then....I went w/grandson to "check"  his sugar level. He immediately introduced me to  his nurse. She said that she was so glad I was there. Said he was so excited knowing I was going to be there, and she was happy I did show up. I was again, touched and felt like a very important person!
I have sad memories from my kids growing up. Was not able to attend school functions for them. As a single mama---I was always working. Lamar &  I did make it to an occasional night program....but very few, after we were married. 
I really did have a WONDERFUL, FUN day w/my GRANDkids. It's a memory I will hold in my heart forever. 
GRANDparent is a wonderful stage in life. I'm so  much more relaxed w/these kids. Ofcourse, I know I can always give them "back" to their parents....LOL
What a beautiful life.....when it's filled w/the LOVE of kids................:))))) 
Kids make my world go round.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......