COUNTDOWN .....Day 1

Today begins my countdown.....to 65!! It becomes reality in 4  short days.
I  see where I began....
I've known this day would arrive. At least, I hoped I'd make it!
Standard question---how did I get here? Where DID the years go?  A valid issue to ponder.
Only one answer ----a whole LOTTA living done happened!! I am BLESSED to still be here--loving,  having lil adventures for Fun, physically mobile, married to my sweet Lamar (for 33yrs. in Jan.!!), ENjoying my life @ this time.
Many events have taken place. HS Graduation, college course(1st time away frm home!), 1st job and car, death of my sweet Daddy, 1st marriage, birth of two beautiful sons, divorce (ugh),amazing Mama's illness and death in '03, 2nd marriage(I'll be here till I leave this earth!), Sons who have moved on w/their lives, and the ICING on my "life cake"---GRANDkids.!!(such an AWESOME reward for gettin OLD!!)
Throughout all these highlights--- sadness, happiness, loss, miracles, joy, laughter, and LOVE. 
Meandering w/thoughts on the "autumn" of my life, I find one word --Survival. No matter what life throws @ me, w/GOD'S help, and the best support from LIFEtime, golden, and present-day FRIENDS--- I have become a SURVIVOR. I will always CHOOSE that vs feeling a "victim" of circumstances.
So, bring it on 65 -- I'm as ready and "armed" as I know how!!
*I must admit... When I received my Medicare card---it was a bit of a "bummer", a tear or two did fall!! It is "Official"  w/that one.!! I had long ago "accepted" now being labeled a "Senior"---and hey, that has some FUN perks, sometimes. LOL
My countdown has begun....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

the "REST OF THE STORY"......

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!