GrandMa shoots Grandson!!

Stayed w/grandkids Sat. night so parents could have a much deserved, long-awaited date night!
Received last minute instructions and the parents took off. Not even realizing at this point that I would be the one giving grandson his insulin shots!! UGH!
So, time came for supper...no problem figuring carbs, I get that now. Then, figures done, food ready, time for injection.
Grandson says he can't do it on back side of his arm, Grandma, you'll have to give me my shot!! Oh, no....I'm not sure I can do this!
All kind of freakin-out running rampant thru my brain...Well, just suck it up and as Nike says, "just do it"!!
Grandson very smart & knows the whole procedure very well. He has been such an amazing kid thru this whole new life situation. 
Grandson says, I'll "pinch" Grandma, you just do the shot...ok....so,
I DID!!!
Now, I'm freakin-out again....asks grandson, did I hurt you? He quickly says no...as if it's nothing. Well....it was something to me!
As I told Marc, that's my "baby" boy(he's really 10now!), and it hurt my HEART!! I am sane & into reality enough to know, this is a major contribution to keeping grandson healthy. BUT, it still is a bit daunting to take the leap from "watchin" shots given to being the one who does the shooting...hahaha
With my amazing Grandson's guidance, we got thru that shot and the next one. Hoping this will "settle" me down for next week....I'll be there with him 3 days!!!!!!! 
I didn't pass out, but my heart suffered a blow!! I always just wanted to love him & hug him---but now, it's on a different level....I have to shoot my Grandson!!!!!!!!    LOL
I really believe it will get less bothersome as the days go on, but this first trip down "shot lane" was a bumpy ride for this ol Grandma!
I love this youngen very much and so, we do what we must to promote a healthy life for him.....
Note: to understand better -- I am an adult, and I HATE shots!! I will do whatever I can to delay, stop, postpone or otherwise "get away" without participating in that ritual. Now, I have to face it head-on with a whole new outlook..............WOW, how life does change!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

the "REST OF THE STORY"......

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!