Mama.....for life

On Mother's Day, I'm counting the blessings of two sons.
I'm thinking ---"they step on your toes when they're little, and step on your heart when they get bigger"  and  hearing their voices in my ears ---"mom, I'm a grown man"!!
At my present age, they ARE grown with children of their own now. I'm just wondering why I can't stop being a mother?? My heart just won't let me!!
I find myself worrying about their health, safety, and life circumstances---in spite of their being 2 grown adult men!!
Mother is not a moniker I take lightly--it is the highest blessing from God and I truly respect HIS blessings. So, I know sometimes I frustrate them, cause they think I'm "hovering" or "sticking my nose in their business"---maybe so....the desire to mother just doesn't stop...even if they're "grown"!!
Point being made is---I'm just a Mother!! When these sons bury me....guess I'll stop "mothering"!!
Honestly, I don't want to stop....it's what my heart dictates: to LOVE, mentor as much as they will accept, protect them if I can, and always to be nearby if they need a helping hand up.
Every day of my life has been and will be better because I made the choice to become a MOTHER! No regrets.
So, I'm just committed to this scenario until they bury me!! or, haul me off to a padded room...........LOL
On this Mother's Day, every day of my life, past-present-future  LOVING my sons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......