Happy Father's Day, LAMAR

This is how we looked when we became a "family"...back in 1981.
 Sons were 10&7 yrs. old at that time. They were sooo excited to finally have a man in their lives--a Daddy.! They truly loved Lamar and enjoyed being with him. 
*backstory - I had been divorced,alone and struggling on my own for 7 (SEVEN) loooong years! Thankfully, I had positive forces in my life---2 dear friends and my sweet Mama--to help  me through all the hard times.*
The boys had minimal contact with their bio Dad, so when God sent us Lamar - the 3 of us were more than ready to take the leap into becoming a family.....our bonus was God's choice! I know that is true because I BELIEVE and it's so amazing -- all those years, Lamar & I only lived approx. 20 mi. from each other----yet had not met!!  It even became known that Lamar went to school a short time with my ex and the boy's bio dad!! Like I said, in God's time, not ours!!
There are toooo many wonderful, sweet stories about Lamar's relationship with these boys to mention them all!! 
One I totally love to recall is -- in a conversation Lamar&I were having prior to our wedding: Lamar said, "you know I love those boys more than you!" That's when I KNEW Lamar was the right choice to become their Dad. I wanted these boys to be loved and I knew Lamar would treat them as his own. Heck, I already knew he loved me and I was soooo happy that my sons would have a good man in their lives.
We 4 became a family. Now I won't say there weren't "adjustments", especially for a man who had never been married---lol  he took on a "ready-made" family. Family counseling and lots of patience got us thru our "adjustments".....and here we are 30yrs. later!!
Eric & Marc will tell you -- LAMAR is their Daddy. He has been a mentor, friend, teacher of all things "male", loving, generous, kind man throughout their childhood and continues his loving attention today. 
We HONOR  Lamar on Father's Day.....and thank GOD for bringing him into our lives, just when we needed him most!
One of Eric's favorite pieces of music says it very well---
***Brad Paisley  sings  " He Didn't Have To Be"
a very beautiful expression of what I felt then, and how these boys feel now---going from "something's missing to a family" and "hope I can be at least half the Dad he didn't have to be".
So, Lamar -- thank you for loving us all these years. Lamar, you are so much more than I could ever have dreamed for my sons--who now are OUR sons together. 
Thank you GOD for making this choice the right one for the three of us who needed your intervention and received your blessings in Lamar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......