Sweet 16!

Noticed this pix in my files...memories flow thru my head!
It was my 16th birthday. Mom&Dad bought me a Hi-Fi--back then that was the cat's meow!! Got my 1st album -- ELVIS, ofcourse. Then there were the 45s and I now had access to music I wanted to hear....
Notice the background images -- that TV was one from the 50s...My Hi-Fi was Motorola. The speakers would even detach to sit around the room wherever you wanted to place them...wow!
Behind me to the right, a fireplace which Daddy closed off & put in one of those gnarly "space heaters"....those things you must stand in front of - just to get warm!! You had to keep turning front/back, side-to-side to "even out" the heat for your body!! Truthfully, I just LUV my furnace heating better these days....lol
This pix was taken in the living room of the home shared with my Mama&Daddy. It was a very loving home and I truly miss my parents.....
I'm thinking -- now my 1st GRANDdaughter is 16---OMG! I've now become "one of them" us youngens talked about so long ago...hahaha
Memories are flashbacks to the past we remember with love --whether good or bad -- they remain with us our lifetime. Thankfully so, because this pix represents a very HAPPY time in my life.
**Hi-Fi means high fidelity**  Today's "techie" generation will not know that term I'm sure....hahahaha
Ahhhhhhhhh, such sweet memories......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......