GARDEN Project - Day 1

Today I began my garden project.
It was clean- the- ground day to prep for addition of new items.
Spent several (3 or more!)hours  working today on this.
Step 1 -- Hoe. (NO, not me, working tool!! LOL)
   Used hoe to chop down a large quantity of sunflower sprouts. Unfortunately, they rot & make mold in the heavy rains. On a sunny day, it's kin to removing pounds of seed-"patties". Smelly, 'bout 3" deep! That in turn is loaded by shovel into the wheelbarrow and dumped out of the way. I had 5 loads of the stinky mess!!
Step 2  --  Rake. Then rake up the tons of leaves, and move them out of the way. I had already moved the timbers away for easy access to the outside.
Note: before I began this process....I loaded & removed the old, moldy, broken pieces OUT of my garden. These went into the dumpster. (thankfully, we are able to keep the dumpster till next Friday.)


Day 2 will be removing items still present, cleaning & repainting some pieces.
Excited to finally get this project started!!
Know this clean-up and redesign will do much to enhance my bird pics.
Sorry.....it's taken soooo long to begin. Look fwd to the finish!
Drop by for another update soon!!!!  :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

the "REST OF THE STORY"......

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!