Uncle SID....my thoughts

This is Uncle Sid, my Mama's baby brother. Sadly, he passed on up to heaven this past week. My prayers go out to his children, grands and the rest of his family.
My personal memories have come flooding back....after reading Nancy's sweet words in tribute.
My memory is a  BIG  one.
After I graduated HS, Mama&Daddy somehow found a way to send me off to Atlanta for business school. I know my parents made major sacrifices to accomplish that feat.
Uncle Sid and my parents agreed that I could "live" with him while I attended school. I was welcomed into Uncle Sid's home. Now you must know.....Uncle Sid had 2 young children at home. He already had a "full" plate!
His home became mine. I was treated like his own, and given all the "perks" as if I was in my own home.
I loved him and those 2 beautiful children. We all got along well.....at least I remember it that way!
 Uncle Sid was a very loving, sweet, fun-to-be-around man. I don't have a clue as to what stress I may have caused being there. Heck....I was 'bout 17 or so then.
Uncle Sid drove me to the Atlanta bus station, maybe every 2 wks., to catch my ride home to Mama&Daddy.
I was soooo missing them & so "out of my comfort zone". Then, he drove downtown, picked me up and brought me back to his house each trip.
Adding to Nancy's tribute.....Uncle Sid was a very generous and kind man. He took on an "extra" kid to help my Mama&Daddy, and me.
(I had not seen or talked to Uncle Sid since my Mama's funeral in '03.) We both grew older.....and I never told him how much I appreciated his loving generosity toward me.
I just wanted to write this blog to let Sherree & Patrick know.....I'll always treasure this memory from my youth.


Comments

  1. Awwww, what a sweet uncle he was! So sorry for your loss but I'm so glad you have such wonderful memories of him. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......