Blessings Daily 16

ARIEL. This is, ofcourse, my "wild child"! Today I thought about how much love & change she has brought into our lives.
I remember bringing her home....a butterball,9-wk. old,2 lb. literal "handful"!
Ariel was sweet....until she hit the terrible 2s..lol
That girl became possessed by the dark side! She gave me fits for 2yrs.+ some! Chewed on everything in the house....table legs, the corner of my entertainment center...whatever she could get those sharp little teeth on! Ariel was reasonably easy to house train. I remember the first time she "waddled"and struggled up the steps! I was so very proud of her.
Finally, the 2s passed...whew! and not a moment before I was about to lose my mind.
Next lovely thing....she began scratching the screens when excited and tearing holes in them! We had to put up a new roll of screen around the porch...ugh.  Ariel still gets "excited" and does that at times to this day.
Ariel has a very quirky personality....she hates SOUNDS! Her least favorites are the postal truck and any popping noise----gun shot, firecrackers, back-fire on car, etc. She also hates it when I loudly call(holler!) @ Lamar or anyone to get their attention...she'll go nuts barking! Ariel is a "nervous" child...lol
No matter your mood, sick/well, she always greets you the same. She's very loving and demands attention! The family says she's spoiled rotten....yes, I think she just may be....lol
Ariel is our BABY girl....she's a good companion and we love her very much. She has brought much JOY to our retirement years. She truly is a BLESSING to us.
Lamar & I often ponder....why wasn't this "wild child" our first -- we were younger and could have enjoyed her shenanigans then! Ariel is our #3 Peke....we lost 2 beautifully sweet, laid-back, calm Pekes before she came into our lives.
Ariel is with us for a reason....we know that. She certainly keeps us constantly "on our toes" to care for her! She is very entertaining, too....lol
Ariel will be 8 yrs. old in June....seems like just yesterday we brought that lil bundle home! How time does fly!
(note: Ariel -the name- is a mixture of letters frm Lamar and Margie. I thought that would be fun and make her more special!)
**in Ariel's defense -- she IS very sweet & loving....along w/the "wild" side!**  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

the "REST OF THE STORY"......