Blessings Daily 17

DRUGS. Pain meds.
These are @ the top of my NOT list!
Obvious reasons....they can become addictive and the side effects are sometimes nasty.
I am very stubborn when it comes to these buggars! I do everything possible to avoid using them.
The 3rd time I was forced out of bed w/pain in the wee hrs. -- I gave up and took one! I truly had done everything I could to "fix" the problem. Muscle rub, heat/massage unit and heating pad. Nothing worked...ugh.
I know we are all BLESSED to live in the present day....when drugs enhance, prolong life, and relieve so many health issues. Doctors are also much smarter and more thorough than in the days of our youth. Extremely different from our "country" doctors.
My sons are much less inclined to "pop a pill" than even I! Guess they heard too many "toughen up" remedies while they were growing up!! 
I've developed quite a reasonable tolerance to pain during these 60+ yrs. Admitting that sometimes....I may not be as tough as I think I am....is hard!
My real problem w/pain meds is: even an Excedrin can knock me into bed 1-2hrs.! I have a very LOW tolerance to drugs. (no worries they'll ever be a "hobby" for me!!) 
I know that nothing can be accomplished laying in a bed! It interrupts a normal life....getting chores and responsibilities completed. I'm just not a person who will ever make a "good patient"....lol   I gotta be moving and doing.
All those objections to the actual swallowing of the pill...truth is, being pain FREE feels much better than dealing w/the pain.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#7 - 0 CELEBRATION !

LIFE Lessons .....Learning Again !!

the "REST OF THE STORY"......